As a student at the Ursuline College Sixth Form, we expect students to abide by the Code of Behaviour and school aims by:
- Supporting the Catholic/Christian traditions, ethos and policies of the school.
- Building relationships of mutual respect with staff.
- Behaving well at all times, including outside of school, and accepting the student sanctions outlined in the Behaviour Policy.
- Having their mobile phone switched off and kept in their bags during the school day, other than when in the Study Centre. During study times, students should only use their mobile phone to support their studies.
- Bringing the correct equipment and support material to all lessons.
- Completing all work, including home study, to the best of their ability and meeting deadlines, or seeing their subject teachers in advance if there is a problem.
- Check the school online learning platforms daily for any emails, notices or homework.
- Adhering to the Sixth Form Dress Code, paying particular attention to the acceptable standards of dress.
- Wear their school lanyard at all times and use their student ID card to register in and sign out of school each day.
- Jewellery and nails should be discreet and abide by the rules laid out by staff on induction day.
- Set an example to all lower school students and get involved with school activities.
- Ensure they do not undertake paid work or driving lessons/ tests during school hours and that paid work outside of school hours does not adversely affect academic studies.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure they are productive during study periods and home studying.
- Ensure they remain on school site during the school day, except for when home study periods are granted or during lunch time.
- Maintain attendance above 95% and attend meetings with parents regarding this when requested.
- Attend any compulsory period 6 lessons for resit students. These will form part of a students attendance report.