Late to School Procedure
- The school day begins at 8.45am.
- Registers open daily between 8.45am and 9.15am.
- All pupils should be on site and in their Form Rooms for AM registers by that time.
- Gates open at 8.30am for pupils to begin to come onto site.
- If pupils arrive after 8.45am, but before 9.15am, they will receive an L code for Late to form.
- If pupils arrive after the registers are closed at 9.15am, they will receive a U code, as the registers will be closed.
- Our Attendance Officer is on the gate between 8.40am and 9.05am every morning, so meets those pupils that arrive after 8.45am.
- A 15 minute detention is given to all pupils who arrive after 8.45am, with no valid reason for being late.
- They are told this when they see the Attendance Officer in the morning on arrival.
- This detention takes place on the same day and is currently held in the New Canteen at 3pm. (If the location should change, students are advised of this on the day)
- If pupils do not attend the set 15 minute detention, another one is set for the following day after school. Pupils are advised of this.
- If they do not attend the 2nd detention that is set, it is escalated to a 45 minute detention held in room MA2 on the following (3rd) day . If this is not attended, it is escalated to SLT to deal with.
Arriving late to school and lessons can seriously disrupt pupils learning and also results in an unauthorised mark on their register. Persistent lateness can also result in a Penalty Notice or Fine from KCC.