‘Do something. Get Moving. Risk new things. Stick with it.’ - Our foundress, St Angela Merici
As a Catholic comprehensive school following the tradition of Ursuline education, we share a collective responsibility to ensure each student achieves their full potential.
In an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust and care we work together in the spirit of the Gospel to serve, walking alongside our young people to lead by example and instil values in them full of hope and understanding. Through encouragement, responsibility and self-discipline, we enable each individual to grow spiritually and intellectually, in an understanding that better never stops and in order to make a unique and positive contribution to society.
Working together to fulfil our potential academically, spiritually and socially. Respecting each other, helping each other and bearing with each other, because getting better never stops.
- Set standards of excellence in teaching and learning and provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- Develop personal qualities of understanding of self and others, self-discipline and motivation, responsibility, maturity, creative freedom and integrity
- Develop an understanding of what Serviam is and acting as role models
- Foster an attitude of respect for all regardless of age, race, colour, creed or gender
- Build peace, promote justice, social concern and, through the celebration of difference, the equality of all
- Widen horizons, encourage a sense of commitment and service to the wider world, and enable each student to be lifelong learners.
Our Leaver Profile
- Having Christ at the centre of their lives
- Being able to recognise the uniqueness of each individual by showing respect and love for all
- Being self-aware and better able to direct their life and fulfil their calling
- Having a generosity of spirit and persevering in all things
- Being willing in the spirit of Serviam to develop their talents and use them for the good of others
- Being able to use their leadership skills for the benefit of those around them
- Having achieved academic excellence through perseverance
- Having an understanding of what really matters in life
- Being ready and willing to challenge injustice, question and adapt to the world around them.