What do you need to think about when making your choices?
- Are you great at exams or alternatively thrive when completing coursework?
- Are you curious about a mix of different subjects and want to find out what the Advanced in A-level actually means?
- Are you really strong in one BTEC subject but also like a couple of other subjects?
- Do you think you have the capability to work independently and after some early direction will thrive with that responsibility?
- Do you like being stretched and challenged to think outside your comfort zone?
If the answer to these questions is positive, then the Sixth Form at the Ursuline is the right place for you.
What about the following statements?
- I’ll only do the subject if I have a particular teacher who I really like.
- The free time is really important to me.
- I don’t expect to work outside class time.
- I want to do something really vocational that immediately leads to an obvious job.
If the answer to these statements is positive, then Sixth Form at the Ursuline may not be the right place for you.
Students at the Ursuline Sixth Form thrive when they do their best; they succeed when they acknowledge the work commitment – 4 hours of out-of-class learning per subject will lead to success; they excel when they take responsibility for their learning and find out for themselves how to improve.
There are no ‘average’ students at the Ursuline Sixth Form. There are lots of individuals with great stories to tell.