Y9 Options 20-21
KS4 Curriculum 20-21
The KS4 curriculum starts in Y10 and finishes in Y11 with a set of examinations in the May/June of that academic year. So effectively they will have almost 11 terms of study across the two academic years before they sit their final assessments.
The KS4 curriculum contains two different types of components, these are:
- Core Subjects (Compulsary)
- English Language
- English Literature
- Triple/Double Science
- Optional Subjects
- Depending on their pathway they will have 2 to 3 different subjects that they can pick from.
- These optional subjects have video links given below, so that you can have little more detail on each one. So that you and your child can have a more informed choice.
Timeline for Options 20-21 for Y9
(Subject Videos are at bottom of page.)
- 15-3-21 Options Evening Event 5pm
- Initial discussion of options process
- Click to watch recording of live event.
- 18-3-21 Options Interviews Booking
- Option Interview Booking opens at 4pm Thu 18th March for booking interviews with heads of house to discuss options.
- Book via School Cloud using pupil details.
- 22-3-21 to 24-3-21 Options Interviews
- These will be held over three days Mon 22nd to Wed 24th March from 9.30am to 5.00pm with Heads of Houses.
- These meetings are to discuss students options and their choices for next academic year.
- 24-3-21 Option Process is Open
- At 5pm on 24th March the option process is open and an email will be sent to the pupils email account to activate and choose their options.
- This email link is valid for 48 hours and needs to be registered in this time.
- After registered you can log in as many times as you need to.
- Click for Help File Document
- 29-3-21 Deadline for Options
- All pupils have entered their options via options online
- Option Blocks Created
- 23-4-21 Confirmation of Option Choices
- Option choices will be emailed out to all parents and pupils for verification and double checking
Subject Videos, for additional information.
(Click on subject below for video)